How Much Does It Cost to Install a New Kitchen Sink?
- By: Joe WebsterUncategorizedComment: 0
When it comes to kitchen renovations, installing a new kitchen sink is a vital step to making your new kitchen appear contemporary and cohesive. Even if you aren’t doing a complete remodel, replacing the sink can give your kitchen the upgrade it needs. The cost to install a kitchen sink can vary considerably, depending on the type of sink and local labor rates. With that said, here’s everything you need to know about kitchen sink installation costs:
Overview of Cost to Install a Kitchen Sink
On average, homeowners pay between $220 and $550 to install or replace a kitchen sink. Though, you can expect to pay around $30 to $130 to have the existing sink removed, including disposal. This will be factored into the total cost to replace a kitchen sink.
Depending on the materials, brand, size, and construction, sinks can be expensive or economical. For a simple kitchen sink, you may be able to pay as little $75, but for a larger, more elaborate kitchen sink you could end up paying several hundreds of dollars.
Types of Kitchen Sinks
The type of kitchen sink that you’re installing has a major impact on the overall cost of installation. Here’s a brief breakdown of some of the most common types and their associated costs:
- Single-Basin Kitchen Sinks: A single basin sink is modestly sized and commonly found in small kitchens and tiny apartments. These sinks usually cost between $100 and $250 on average.
- Dual-Basin Kitchen Sinks: Dual-basin kitchen sinks are some of the most popular types of sinks larger apartments and family homes. They are designed for kitchens that experience a high volume of dishes during mealtimes. These types of sinks usually cost from $200 to $500.
- Enlarged Special Purpose Sinks: These sinks usually have one or more basins and are designed for specific needs, like watching awkwardly shaped tools or large pots. As a result, special-purpose kitchen sinks are usually very deep and wide. The cost of these sinks can vary considerably, but typically cost around $400 new.
- Multi-Basin Kitchen Sinks: A kitchen sink that has three or more basins is generally uncommon in apartments or family homes, but may be found in kitchens with heavy-duty needs. These sinks feature three or more basins in varying sizes and configurations, used for soaking, rinsing, cleaning, and washing. They typically cost between $500 and $900 on average.
Professional Labor Costs
In addition to the cost of the sink itself, you’ll also need to factor in the cost of professional installation. While you may be able to handle the task yourself, it’s usually a good idea to hire a professional plumber for the job. A licensed, certified, and experienced plumber will know how to properly shut off water valves, dismantle your countertop, and correctly connect the piping.
Plumbers usually charge their rates based on the complexity of the job, which depends on the size of your new sink. With that said, the average cost to hire a professional to install a kitchen sink ranges from $50 to $150 for labor.
Additional Kitchen Sink Installation Cost Factors
In addition to labor and the type of sink, the material that the sink is made out of plays a role in the price of installation. Larger sinks, those made with expensive materials, and sinks from particular brands, will inherently cost more to install. If the sink you are installing is in a new kitchen, you’ll likely have no issues since it’ll fit easily into the layout you arranged for it.
However, if you need to remove an old sink, additional damage may occur that need to be fixed. If the counter gets damaged in the process of removing the old sink, repairs will add to the overall installation cost. Plumbing pipes beneath the sink may also need replacing, depending on their age and condition – so, make sure to factor this into your budget as well.
Contact a Licensed Plumber Now!
Need some assistance with installing a new kitchen sink? Look no further than Anytime Plumbing for the job! We provide plumbing services in Santa Cruz County, and beyond, and can satisfy any of your plumbing needs.
Whether you need to have a kitchen sink installed or just have questions about costs, give Anytime Plumbing a call at 831-431-6593 today!