The specialists at Anytime Plumbing cannot overemphasize the importance of having a professional plumbing diagnosis and inspection, especially if you’re a prospective new home buyer. If you’re buying a newly constructed home from a reputable contractor, it’s probably safe to assume that every one of its systems is in good working order. But on the other hand, under any other circumstances, it’s wise to have these systems checked out before taking ownership of the house and moving in.
Why is this so important?
The last thing you need when buying a new or previously-owned home is finding out that there is a serious plumbing issue that can be very expensive to repair. Pipes typically run inside slab floors and/or walls. Some may even be located in an attic. A Santa Cruz plumbing diagnosis and inspection by Anytime Plumbing could reveal that a drain field or septic tank is badly in need of repair or replacement. If this is the case, it’s best to have that type of work done before you and your family move into the home. We ae a full service plumbing company and can take care of all aspects of the pipe and drainage issues.
Another plumbing consideration, especially with older homes, is that the pipes could be contaminating the household water supply with lead. Hence the need to be completely informed as to whether or not those pipes should be replaced. The right Santa Cruz plumber specialist that has been skillfully trained in all aspects of residential plumbing is aware of every issue that should be covered in a home plumbing diagnosis and inspection. Over time, plumbing issues such as leaks can cause a great deal of structural damage.
What is involved in a plumbing diagnosis and inspection?
As one of the many commercial and residential plumbing services offered by Anytime Plumbing, the diagnosis and inspection of plumbing systems are an essential component of any home preventative maintenance plan. This is basically an investigation and review of your home’s plumbing system and its key components. The following is a list of what we examine when performing a professional inspection of your home’s plumbing system:
- Bathtubs – checking for clogged drains as well as leaking faucets and showerheads will help prevent costly water damage and higher monthly water bills
- Faucets – because of their extensive use, plumbing diagnosis and inspection of faucets could reveal worn parts such as cartridges and washers
- Hose bibs – laundry room and outdoor spigots are checked for leaks as well as signs of corrosion and cracks
- Pipes – Anytime Plumbing specialists inspect indoor and outdoor pipes for leaks as well as signs of corrosion and rust
- Showers – drains should be checked for leaks and to prevent water damage over time and the costly repairs that could result
- Sinks – a professional plumbing diagnosis and inspection may discover leaks that may be concealed from view in cabinets
- Toilets – regular inspections will help to avoid water damage and maintain efficiency to keep your water bill costs down
- Water heaters – these should be inspected to ensure they are operating properly and to help improve their efficiency
As with any other plumbing company, the specialists at Anytime Plumbing recommend that you have a professional plumbing diagnosis and inspection at least once every 24 months, although having one every year is a better idea, especially in older homes.
How do homeowners benefit from professional plumbing inspections?
When it comes to ensuring that your home’s plumbing systems is in good working condition, the key is preventative maintenance that includes a thorough diagnosis and inspection of its components. When you consider the following benefits, this makes good sense:
- It will save money in the long run – considering the amount of costly structural damage that can result from a small leak as well as the loss of personal property, the cost of a professional plumbing diagnosis and inspection is well worth it.
- It will help you protect your home – costly damage to your home and property can easily result from the smallest of plumbing problems if they’re neglected or overlooked. These are the most difficult plumbing issues to discover unless you’re a professional. Remember, plumbing inspections prevent plumbing nightmares.
- It will give you peace of mind – with an inspection from Anytime Plumbing, you’ll be able to prevent a leaking system get the upper hand. Most importantly, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your plumbing system is working properly.
We are available to assist you with any plumbing issue 24/7 so don’t hesitate to call us in the early hours of the morning or late at night, if you have an emergency. Our teams are on standby and can reach you within the stipulated timelines. For more information or to schedule a thorough plumbing diagnosis and inspection, call Anytime Plumbing at your earliest convenience.