How Much Does It Cost to Repair a Toilet?
- By: Joe WebsterToiletsComment: 0
We tend to take our toilets for granted. That is until something goes wrong and you realize that it’s a crucial part of your house.
If your toilet is leaking or if it got clogged, you probably want to repair it fast. In general, you can expect to pay between $100 and $200 to repair a toilet. While this is the national average, prices can vary significantly based on various factors. Replacing the flange can cost as little as $60 while the price for drain repairs can go up to $600.
With that in mind, let’s look at the factors that can influence the cost of repairing a toilet.
Factors That Influence the Cost of Repairing a Toilet
The part that needs to be repaired or replaced will influence the final bill significantly. As mentioned above, a simple job such as replacing the wax ring will only cost you a few tens of dollars, but more complex projects can amount to hundreds of dollars.
How much the plumber has the work to fix the problem will also influence the price. If we’re talking about a straightforward job, such as repairing the flange, most plumbers charge a flat rate. This flat rate may include the diagnostic fee and the service fee. Some plumbers offer an estimate, so make sure to shop around if you want to keep your costs down.
Not all plumbers will charge a flat rate. Some plumbing companies charge by the hour and the price can go as high as $100 per hour, so make sure to ask the plumber how they are structuring their pricing. Keep in mind that if you need to replace some parts, you will have to pay for those too, and the costs can add up.
Common Toilet Parts That Break And Their Costs
A toilet is made of many different moving parts that can wear and tear over time. Here are some of the most common toilet parts that break and the average cost to fix or replace them.
- The flange: The range is a pipe fitting that keeps the toilet secured on the floor and connects it to the drain pipe. The cost of fixing the flange varies between $60 and $125.
- Toilet flush: The toilet flush is made of several parts that may need to be fixed or replaced. Depending on the problem, you can pay between $75 to $200 for a toilet flush repair.
- Toilet leak: Depending on where the leak is and how difficult it’s going to be to fix it, you can expect to pay between $100 to $600 to fix a leak.
- Clogged toilet: Clogged toilets are common issues, but the cause can be either straightforward, like too much paper in the toilet, or more complex. The price to repair a clogged toilet varies between $150 to $600.
Can We Help?
Do you have a plumbing problem? Call us now at 831-431-6593 and schedule a service.