If you have a cracked, damaged, or old toilet that needs to be replaced in Santa Cruz, you may be wondering how much it will cost to replace it.
According to HomeAdvisor, the cost to install a toilet averages around $371 nationwide – but it can be much more expensive depending on the toilet you choose and a variety of other factors. Want to learn more about how much you’ll pay? Get more details below from Anytime Plumbing.
What Goes Into The Cost Of Replacing A Toilet?
Wondering what you’re paying for when you replace a toilet? Here are a few factors that will affect the price of your job.
- Trip fee – Most plumbers will charge a flat “trip fee” or “service fee,” which covers the costs of going to your home for your plumbing job. The farther away you are from a plumber, the higher this fee will be.
This fee is typically the same for any job, but may be higher if you need after-hours or weekend service. Luckily, replacing a toilet is not usually an emergency, so you can schedule your service during normal working hours, in most cases.
- Flat rate or hourly cost – For a simple job like replacing a toilet, most plumbers charge a flat rate. However, your plumber may also choose to charge an hourly rate. If this is the case, then the cost of the first hour will typically be higher, with a lower hourly rate after the first hour.
- Cost of a new toilet – You can supply your own toilet for replacement, or ask a plumber to buy one and bring one to replace your existing toilet. Depending on the model you choose, the cost of a toilet could be anywhere from $100 to $1,500 or more – higher-end models will be much more expensive.
- Old toilet disposal – Hauling away a heavy old toilet is a lot of work, and most contractors will charge an additional fee for doing so. Make sure to take this into account when you plan your toilet replacement job.
If you want to save money and don’t want your plumber to take your toilet away, you’ll need to arrange to have it hauled away yourself. Note that typical toilets weigh between 55-80 lbs, so this may be more difficult than it sounds!
- Complications during replacement – Toilet replacement is usually straightforward. But if your plumber discovers an issue like an unexpected leak, a faulty wax ring seal, poor caulking, or a cracked toilet flange, these problems will need to be fixed – for an additional fee – before your new toilet can be installed.
This is why the cost of replacing a toilet can vary so much. Depending on the situation, the toilet you choose, and additional services you need, there can be a lot of variability.
Luckily, toilets usually only need to be replaced every 25 years – or if they are cracked and damaged – so you won’t have to worry about frequently replacing your toilets!
Need Toilet Replacement In Santa Cruz? Get A Quote From Anytime Plumbing
At Anytime Plumbing, we are here to help with toilet replacement in Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas – and we can give you a quote for your job over the phone. Give us a call at 831-431-6593 to get started, or feel free to contact us online if you have any questions.