Most homeowners don’t realize the incredible strain they’re putting on their internal plumbing when going to the bathroom, running their garbage disposals, taking showers, or using their washing machines. So, it’s crucial to understand the importance of drain cleaning and how to prevent potential problems such as clogging and overflowing. It’s only natural to use your plumbing system on a regular basis. However, ignoring the importance of routine drain cleaning could lead to costly repairs and a lot of stress.
How do I know when it’s time to have a professional drain cleaning?
Drains can get clogged easily and overflow if they aren’t inspected and cleaned on a regular basis. Furthermore, years of wear and tear can eventually put an undue strain on your plumbing and cause a number of problems. The specialists at Anytime Plumbing of Santa Cruz have put together the following 5 warning signs that indicate the need for professional drain cleaning:
- Drains backing up and water leaks – dealing with these issues can be a nightmare for homeowners. Random puddles inside of the home or outdoors could mean it’s time to call in a specialist to do an inspection of your drainage system.
- Foul odors or smells – if you’ve noticed bad smells in your home, that’s a fairly good indication that there’s a problem with your drainage and sewage system. If you notice any foul smells emanating from your shower or sink drains, it’s time to call us.
- Frequent drain clogging – it’s normal for the drain of a shower, sink, or toilet to clog every now and them. However, if it is happening more than that, you could be looking at a larger problem such as a clog in your internal plumbing system.
- Gurgling noises – these sounds often indicate a clogged shower or toilet drain. So if you notice these noises at a time when you haven’t recently used your drains, there may be issues with air or clogs in your drains.
- Numerous clogged drains in the home – if you think dealing with a single clogged drain isn’t that frustrating, having multiple drain clogs can be overwhelming and mean that you are dealing with a serious sewer line problem and need to contact Anytime Plumbing of Santa Cruz immediately. We’ll send over the emergency plumbing specialist 24/7, as per requirement.
What are the causes of a clogged drain?
You would be surprised at the number of different obstructions we have cleaned out of or removed from drains. Basically, we’ve seen it all when it comes to dealing with clogged drains. A drain blockage can accumulate and lodge itself just about anywhere in your drainage or sewage system. With numerous reasons for the clogging, our analysis of your system will narrow down the possible causes. Each of the plumbing expert working on our team is qualified, experienced and courteous.
In most cases, there is a blockage in one of the sub-drain lines that is isolated in a specific area or section of your property. The following is an extensive list of all the drain clogs that we have experienced over the years:
- cat litter
- combinations of different materials
- cooking oil, fat, and grease
- disposable baby diapers
- feminine hygiene products
- flushable wipes have often been the culprit
- food particles
- improper slope of sewer and water pipes
- objects ranging from dental floss to toys
- pipe disintegration
- pipe scale
- products of nature
- sewer system overload
- tree roots
- underground soil erosion caused by leaks
- undersized drainage and sewer pipes
Although it may seem that a clogged drain is a fairly simple fix, nothing could be further from the truth. Fixing clogged drains can be a very complex, tedious process, hence the need for a professional drain cleaning by Anytime Plumbing of Santa Cruz. We have a team of trained and experienced professionals that are available 24/7 in an emergency, while you can schedule an appointment for standard drain cleaning and other plumbing requirements.
Why is preventative drain maintenance so important?
Whether you’re a business owner or homeowner, clogged drains can be costly, hinder your daily activities and tasks, and just be a waste of valuable time overall. Emergency drain issues can be an even bigger headache and ruin your whole day. Thus, it’s important to consider having your drains professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Drain repairs or replacement is rarely included in a family’s budget. These repairs can be extremely costly, if the problem is ignored or goes undetected.
With proper preventative maintenance, you can prolong the need for drain repairs or replacement and ultimately save you a lot of money and stress. Our business representatives are available to give you a FREE quote on your plumbing requirements. For more information regarding professional drain cleaning, call Anytime Plumbing of Santa Cruz today. Call us now!