Plumbing leaks are not something you can ignore for weeks and expect a simple fix. If you call a plumber as soon as you notice a leak in your plumbing system, you minimize the water damage that could be inflicted to your walls, floors, foundation, or other structures in your home.
We at Anytime Plumbing plumbers in Santa Cruz handle any kind of plumbing leaks and deal with them using the latest technologies and procedures in the industry. We work with fully licensed plumbers who have the experience and expertise to handle any kind of plumbing leak.
When to Call a Plumber
It’s important to be aware of the signs that can indicate a leak in your plumbing, as early intervention is the best way of controlling water damage to your home. Here are some of the most common signs of leaking issues in your plumbing.
- Moisture on your walls, floors, or cabinets;
- A higher water bill: if your bill is higher than it usually was, you might leak;
- Dripping: dripping noises coming from your faucets are a problem, and it should be inspected by a plumber;
- Signs of mold and a bad odor: one of the most common water damage signs is mold or mildew, which also emanates a strange odor;
- Strange noises coming from your toilet: if your toilet makes bubbling or groaning noises when you flush, and you notice water behind or around the toilet, it might be a leak;
- Swelling in your floors: water damage to the floors makes them uneven and causes bubbling and swelling;
- Water heater not working properly and showing signs of leaks: if your water heater is not doing its job like it used to, and if you see water pooling underneath, it’s time to turn off the water and electric supply and call a plumber;
- Rusty joints and rust stains on your appliances: if you notice that some joints are loose and have rust on them, they might be the cause of your leak.
Can You Fix a Leak Yourself?
Intervening early can mean a little DIY before your plumber arrives to fix the problem. You can successfully use plumbers tape to stop the pipes from leaking, and turning off the water supply should be something you know how to do and practice before you will need it.
Leaks should be handled, however, by a professional plumber, as DIY fixes are not always suitable for the kind of problem you have. We at Anytime Plumbing Santa Cruz have aimed to keep our prices highly competitive, to deliver the best services in the area, and handle each problem with open communication and effective customer service.
Call us, email us or fill in the online form to request an estimate and a consultation, and our plumber will be happy to intervene at any hour of the day or night.