One of the most common problems reported by Scotts Valley homeowners is drain clog. Sometimes, it’s unavoidable, and the best way to deal with it is drain cleaning.
Our team of Scotts Valley plumbers are here for you, our loyal customers, and are prepared for every plumbing issue you throw our way. We offer services such as water heater installation, sump pumps, garbage disposal repair, etc, at unbeatable rates.
Learn how the Anytime Plumbing company can be of service, and how you can maintain clean, healthy drains in Scotts Valley CA:
Benefits of drain cleaning | Scotts Valley
This is a service that Scotts Valley homeowners should consider as part of maintenance for their plumbing system. This service helps to prevent common plumbing problems like clogged drains and helps to save money on future repairs.
Here are some benefits of plumbing and drain cleaning services:
- Clog prevention- Even if you aren’t washing down bad things in your drain, clogs can still form as a result of general grime, soap scum, and mineral deposits. This is the most effective way to prevent clogs.
- Faster drainage- The rate of drainage slows down when there is a blockage until it is eventually stopped by a clog. Keeping it clean and clear means water will waste properly.
- Increases lifespan of drain- Drains get damaged by clogging when homeowners attempt to clear them with chemicals, snakes, and other objects. A clogged drain can cause pressure to build up and lead to pipe bursts and other damage. Regular cleaning helps you save money on your water bill, and prevents costly leaks and floods.
- Prevents bad odors- As light clogs continue to grow, you’ll notice that foul odors begin to come up from the drain. These bad odors can spread throughout the entire home and eventually, your place can begin to smell like a sewer.
- Discourages mold, mildew, and pests- Clogged pipes are the ideal breeding ground for mold and mildew to flourish. They may also encourage pests to thrive in your home. Both pose serious health risks for inhabitants.
- Eliminates noisy pipes- When there is an obstruction in your pipes, you will likely hear strange noises in your home. Removing the obstruction should reduce pressure in the water lines and get rid of those sounds.
- Keeps water heater sediment-free- Water heater clogs are caused mainly by sediment and soap. This creates negative pressure in the water heater which means it has to work even harder to do its job. The consequences of this include sediments coming from faucets and worse, pipe bursting and damage which will require water heater repair. (NB: Even though a tankless water heater does not hold as much water, it can still get clogged by sediment)
How often should I get this service?
You should clean it yourself at least once a week using drain-friendly DIY methods. For example, pouring hot water down the drain, using a 1:1 mixture of baking soda and vinegar/lime juice, or using a plunger.
You will need professional cleaning services in Scotts Valley CA at least once per year to keep them in good working condition.
What is cabling?
Cabling is one strategy Scotts Valley plumbers will use to get rid of a clog and clean a drain. This method involves using a long, flexible cable with a sharp cutting head to cut through the obstruction and scrape the residue off the sides of the pipe.
This strategy is used for both Scotts Valley drain cleaning (light clogs) and clearing and is best used to cut tree roots and retrieve foreign objects.
NB: Cabling service should only be attempted by professional Scotts Valley plumbers. Attempting to cable a clog with no experience can lead to pipe damage.
- Ideal for light clogs
- Plumber may use different size cables depending on the job
- Perfect for getting rid of toilet clogs
- May not be effective at clearing grease clogs
- Not as effective at cleaning as hydro jetting
What is hydro jetting?
Hydro jetting service involves using a high-pressure hose to shoot a powerful, pressurized stream of water down the drain. As the water is forced down the drain, it picks up most things in its path such as hair, grease, mineral deposits, food, and other debris, and flushes it down the pipe.
NB: Do not attempt to use your power washer as a hydro jet. They are not the same thing and your hose may get stuck in the pipe.
- Gets rid of clog residue so new clogs don’t form
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Less likely to damage pipes
- May not be effective against thick roots
- May not be a good option for damaged or compromised pipes
What should I do afterward?
When your Scotts Valley CA professional is done with the service, the next step is day-to-day upkeep. This means not doing anything that contributed to your plumbing issues.
Here are some plumbing maintenance tips every homeowner in the Scotts Valley area needs to consider:
- Invest in a strainer or screen
- Pour hot water down your sink weekly to get rid of build-up
- Install a water softener and filter. Santa Cruz County is one of many places in the United States that receives hard water in taps.
- Avoid using your kitchen sink as a garbage disposal
- Never put grease of any kind down your kitchen sink
- Dispose of hygiene products in your bathroom bin instead of your toilet
- Do not leave small children unattended to keep toys and other objects from blocking your toilet
- A tankless water heater is less likely to clog than a conventional water heater. Consider tankless water heater installation for fewer clogs, decreased utility bills, and instant hot water
- Flush water heaters regularly to prevent water heater clogs
- Turn on the cold water while running the garbage disposal to keep grease solid so it can be broken up
Scotts Valley Drain cleaning services
The Anytime Plumbing company services the entire Santa Cruz County, including Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz, and other towns. Every plumber is a local plumber who knows and understands Scotts Valley plumbing needs.
Whether you require water heater repair or fixture installation, Anytime Plumbing is your #1 choice.
Plumbing system video inspection
In most Scotts Valley CA cases, plumbing services commence with video inspection. This allows the plumber to assess the condition of the pipes and locate the clog. Using this information, the plumber will determine which method to use and if plumbing repairs are necessary.
Cleaning main sewer lines
All wastewater in your home eventually leads to your main sewer line. Sewer lines are responsible for transporting the waste away from your home and to your septic tank or the Scotts Valley town sewer.
When the sewer line leading from your home is clogged, you can’t fix the issue with a plunger or a plumbing snake. These drain pipes are located deep underground and will require plumbing services to get rid of the blockage.
Sewer lines become clogged when FOGs (fats, oils, and grease) solidify and stick to the sides. They may also be clogged by paper towels, sanitary napkins, “flushable wipes” and other non-toilet paper hygiene products.
Clogs in the sewer are sometimes not the fault of the homeowner. It can happen when the sewer line becomes damaged as a result of corrosion, sagging, shifting soil, construction near the line, and heavy traffic above the sewer pipe.
When sewer lines are clogged, there’s nowhere for wastewater to go, and eventually, the water will move backward to the basement (showers, tubs, floor drains). This wastewater will be dark, smelly, and hazardous to health.
Blocked sewer lines can create plumbing emergencies, and the best person to deal with it isn’t you, it’s a plumber.
Have you ever considered getting trenchless sewer installation service? Find out how this option can save you headaches in the long run.
Unclogging household drains
Household drains are much easier to diagnose and clean than sewer lines.
Kitchen sink drains are usually a result of improper food disposal down the sink. If it cannot be resolved with a plunger, cabling is usually the next option. While plumbers prefer to use cabling for smaller pipes, hydro jetting is the only option for removing grease.
In the bathroom, clogs affect toilets, shower drains, and face basins. Cabling is the traditional method used to unclog a toilet, but a hydro jet may also be used.
Your water heater is not immune to clogs either as mineral deposits and soap scum build up over time. In most cases, the solution to clogged water heaters is flushing them with water.
Gas line services
Did you know that your gas lines can get clogged, just like water lines and drains? The difference is that the problem isn’t caused by the same culprits.
Gas lines become clogged or blocked by water, dirt, debris, insects, and even tree roots. This prevents the gas from reaching appliances, and can the pressure can even build up to the point of rupturing. Not only is this an inconvenience, but it’s also a health risk to you and your family.
If you suspect your gas lines are clogged, call a plumber, and not just any plumber. Contact the Scotts Valley experts at Anytime Plumbing to deal with this plumbing emergency.
Gas lines may also need repair and installation/replacement as they become older, worn out, or damaged.
Tree root removal
Trees are a great landscaping addition, but their roots can wreak havoc on your plumbing system. The roots find their way through cracks or tunnel their way through. The moist conditions allow the roots to creep up pipes, and even cause irreparable plumbing damage.
This issue may be tackled by cabling the drain, as well as hydro jetting. In some instances, a chemical will have to be poured down the pipe to kill the roots.
Our rootering services are offered throughout Santa Cruz County including Scotts Valley. Contact Anytime Plumbing at 831-431-6593 to find out more!
Industrial/commercial drain cleaning services
Industrial/commercial plumbing issues in Scotts Valley CA happen on a much larger scale and a drain clog can halt business entirely.
High-traffic bathrooms in Scotts Valley shopping centers, malls, office buildings, etc, often encounter clogs in toilets due to excessive toilet paper use, and the flushing of hygiene products, especially pads and tampons.
Restaurants and food businesses in particular encounter clogs as a result of FOGs and food particles being washed down sinks or building up in grease traps.
Though the plumbing system in apartment buildings are specially designed to handle the plumbing requirements of a large number of residents, they sometimes fail due to the actions of inhabitants, or simply because the plumbing system is old.
Historic buildings in Scotts Valley CA with ancient plumbing systems may also encounter a clog due to old and corroded pipes, as well as years of build-up.
Why Anytime Plumbing?
Anytime Plumbing is a full-service plumbing business that has served Scotts Valley customers and the wider Santa Cruz County community for years. We offer everything from repairs to water heater installation services and can solve all the plumbing problems encountered by our residents.
Residential and commercial plumbing services
As a full-service plumbing company in Santa Cruz County, our repair, maintenance, and installation services are offered to both residential and commercial customers.
Contact us to learn more about how we can service your home or business in Scotts Valley CA
Open ‘any time’
A plumbing emergency can hit you at any time. It only makes sense for us to be available for Scotts Valley plumbing services.
Contact us any time of day at any time of the week. Our plumbers respond quickly and offer great service any time!
Expert plumbing services
Hiring a professional plumber is the only sure-fire way to solve your plumbing problems and protect yourself from shoddy work.
At Anytime Plumbing, all plumbers are required to pass an extensive background check and present requisite credentials before being associated with our company. Furthermore, we never send inexperienced plumbers on any job that is above their qualifications.
Licensed and insured
Our company observes all Federal regulations regarding operating a plumbing business in California including having a registered business name, plumbing licenses and permits, contractor’s licenses, and business insurance.
If you have any inquiries about our company’s plumbing credentials, feel free to contact us for more information.
Excellent customer service
Our customers are very dear to us and we strive to provide them with the best service every and any time. Our Scotts Valley CA phone staff listens intently to your plumbing issue and relays professional advice on how to proceed.
As our job requires us to be in and around your personal space, we respect your privacy as best as possible while addressing your plumbing needs. Our customer satisfaction guarantee also includes competitive rates to allow our plumbing services to be accessible to all Scotts Valley CA customers.